At Mobi Ocean Technology Private Limited we believe that it is our responsibility to ensure that we do business in such a manner that it enriches our environment and planet. That’s why we make sure that we deliver innovative and eco-friendly products to our consumers. We are committed to product stewardship through the life cycle of our electronics, and ensure compliance with E-waste rules in India.
E-waste has been defined as "waste electrical and electronic equipment, whole/in part or rejects from their manufacturing and repair process, which are intended to be discarded." In other words, E-waste or Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment is the term used to describe old, end-of-life or discarded appliances using electricity. With the increase in usage and dependence on electrical and electronic gadgets such as washing machines, refrigerators, air conditioners etc. there has been increase in E-waste generation in large quantities. A UN report estimates that the world wide generation of E-waste is around 30 to 50 Million tonne per annum. E-waste generally consists of those substances which are hazardous for environment and can seriously affect the health of the human beings.
Benefits of recycling of old electronic products/why recycle?
- Saves Natural Resources: There is a need to encourage recycling of all useful and valuable material from E-waste so as to conserve the ever depleting natural resources. Recycling end-of-life products is vital if we are to save resources and minimize waste
- Reduces Environmental Pollution: Scientific disposal of E-waste reduces the environment pollution. Moreover, making products from recycled materials creates less air and water pollution than making products from virgin materials.
- Alternate Resource: With virgin resources facing rapid depletion, E-waste can be a good alternate resource since it contains many valuable and recoverable materials such as aluminium, copper, gold, silver and ferrous materials.
Negative consequences of disposal of product in an unscientific manner
- Health Risks: E-waste-connected health risks may result from direct contact with harmful materials such as lead, cadmium, chromium, brominated flame retardants or polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), from inhalation of toxic fumes, as well as from accumulation of chemicals in soil, water and food.
- Children Are Vulnerable: Children require more specific protection from E-waste exposure. As they are still growing, their air, water and food intake is more as compared to adults- and with that the risk of hazardous chemical absorption. Moreover, it may cause an irreversible damage to their central nervous system, immune system, reproductive and digestive system.
- Environmental Degradation: Oil and gases which are present in E-waste such as compressor and CRT causes environmental pollution. Burning of rubber and plastic in open area causes air pollution.
Accidental breakage/damage of electronics & E-waste:
Accidental breakage and damage of electronics and E-waste can pose a threat to the environment. As long as the toxic components in electronics are enclosed within the original manufacturer’s designed outer-shell of the gadget, they don’t pose much of a danger as they have been engineered to contain any such effects. However, accidental breakage or damage of such electronics or E-waste can lead to toxic elements leaking and contaminating their immediate environment. Damage to the environment due to accidental breakage of E-waste is a major concern in informal E-waste disposal and recycling facilities, so consumers need to ensure that they dispose their E-waste only at authorized E-waste recycler.
Brief about E-waste (Management) rules 2016
The E-waste (Management) Rules, 2016 have been notified with primary objective to channelize the E-waste generated in the country for environmentally sound recycling which is largely controlled by the un-organized sector who are adopting crude practices that results into higher pollution and less recovery, thereby causing wastages of precious resources and damage to environment.
Guidelines for customers on the disposal of end-of-life products
The appliance's packaging material is recyclable. Your appliance also contains recyclable matter which is marked with the label. Do not mix it with the waste.
How to drop off products at our collection point?
Here are the steps you need to follow when dropping off your electronics item at our Collection Point:
- Pack the electronics item in light packaging, so that the device is secured inside safely.
- Identify the Collection Point in your state through customer care.
- Take the packaged product to the Collection point.
- At the Collection Point, you will be provided with a form. Please fill in the necessary details.
- Now submit the product package along with the filled up form at the Collection Point. This way, the appliance recycling Organized by Greeniva Recycler will be done under best possible conditions, in compliance with E-waste Management and Handling Rules on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment. We thank you for fulfilling your responsibility towards environment.
As part of this partnership with Greeniva Recycler, the company will ensure environmentally sound management of electronics that have reached their end of life phase. Greeniva Recycler has obtained all the necessary authorizations from the appropriate governmental agencies for their processing facilities. Greeniva Recycler ensures proper recycling and disposal of e-waste. This helps us protect the environment from any hazardous consequences, which would be otherwise caused by the inappropriate waste management of e-waste
Do's and don'ts for customers
- Always look for information on the catalogue with your product for end-of-life equipment handling.
- Ensure that only Greeniva Recycler repair and handle your electronic products
- Always call Local Greeniva Recycler to dispose products that have reached end-of life
- Always drop your used electronic products, batteries or any accessories when they reach the end of their life at your nearest Greeniva Recycler Call Centre
- Wherever possible or as instructed, separate the packaging material according to responsible waste disposal options and sorting for recycling.
- Always disconnect the battery from product, and ensure any glass surface is protected against breakage.
- Do not dismantle your electronic products on your own.
- Do not throw electronics in bins having "Do Not Dispose" sign.
- Do not give E-waste to informal and unorganized sectors like Local Scrap Dealer/ Rag Pickers.
- Do not dispose your product in garbage bins along with municipal waste that ultimately reaches landfills.
COLLECTION POINTS/DROP POINTS
You can find your nearest Collection Points below
|S.No.||State||Collection Centre Address||Toll Free No|
|1||Punjab||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Plot no.62E, jhaj Garh, pataka market, near VRI Logistics, Amritsar, Punjab 143001||1800-102-4919|
|2||Haryana||GREENIVA RECYCLER PVT.LTD.,OPP-VATIKA GARDEN ,SECTOR-17/18,DEVIDING ROAD , NEAR BAJAJ SAI AUTO,GURGAON,HARYANA-122001||1800-102-4919|
|3||Haryana||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Killa no 9/2/2, near IFFCO Chowk, near toyota body shop, Gurgaon 122001||1800-102-4919|
|4||Himachal Pradesh||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Lavana swaraj Majra, opp cadila health care, baddi 173205||1800-102-4919|
|5||Jammu & Kashmir||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Parmandal mode shiva market, J&K 180010||1800-102-4919|
|6||Gujarat||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Plot no. 1 & 2 ashwamegh ind estate, opp changodar bus stand, rajkot highway, ahmedabad 382210||1800-102-4919|
|7||Karnataka||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Plot no 5-C peenya 1st Phase, Peenya industrial area Banglore 560058||1800-102-4919|
|8||Maharashtra||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Survey no.41 Saswad road Badhe Launs Near Sliver Star Hall Hotel, Kondhwa Buruk, Pune 411048||1800-102-4919|
|9||Uttrakhand||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Khasra no 2353 & 2357, Arcadia Grant Near Mobhewala Industrial Dehradun 248001||1800-102-4919|
|10||Uttar Pradesh||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., C14 Transport Nagar Phase 2, Lucknow 226012||1800-102-4919|
|11||Rajasthan||GREENIVA RECYCLER PVT.LTD.,KUNDAN MARKET,1ST FLOOR, MAIN BHIWADI ROAD, DISTRICT ALWAR, BHIWADI,RAJASTHAN-301019||1800-102-4919|
|12||Rajasthan||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., 1070, bhankrot kalan ajmer road, Near Bhanrota Police station, Jaipur 302026||1800-102-4919|
|13||Madhya Pradesh||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., New avantika bai nagar, transport nagar, kokta , Bhopal 462021||1800-102-4919|
|14||Bihar||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Karmalli Chack Opp Patna bar & restaurant, near didarganj Plaza, Patna 800009||1800-102-4919|
|15||Jharkhand||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., H B Road, getlatu(Kedal), Near Goutam Green city, Ranchi 834009||1800-102-4919|
|16||West Bengal||GREENIVA RECYCLER PVT.LTD., 110/1/A, B.T.ROAD, OPPOSITE I.S.I (INDIAN STATISTICAL INSTITUTE), NEAR SUBHASHPALLI, KOLKATTA-700108||1800-102-4919|
|17||West Bengal||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Agarpara Jute Mills Ltd. 93F BT Road , Agarpara Jute Mills, Kolkata 700058||1800-102-4919|
|18||Orrisa||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Plot No. 500 Nakhara, NH- 5 Opp. Lakheswa, Dist- Khurda, P.S- Balianta, Bhubneshwar 752101||1800-102-4919|
|19||Chattisgarh||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Beside Ahemad ji Petrol pump, Raipur 492009||1800-102-4919|
|20||Andhra Pradesh||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Plot no. 177, Road no. 32, IDA Jeedimetla, behide TS RTC bus depot, JEE dimetla, Hyderabad 500055||1800-102-4919|
|21||Kerala||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Priya Bavan, Trivendrum 695009||1800-102-4919|
|22||Tamil Naddu||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., No. 608 Soundra Pandiyan Nagar, Near Ajan Bustand, Thirvottiyur, chennai 600019||1800-102-4919|
|23||Sikkim||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Pakyong, Saramsa road, Mohalla, Tambutar, P.S & P.O Ranipool, Gangtok 737101||1800-102-4919|
|24||Arunachal Pradesh||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., E sector, Shiv Mandir Road, NR.R.C.M. Business Centre, Naharlagun, Itanagar 791110||1800-102-4919|
|25||Aasam||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Nr. Bhramhaputra Coach Builder, NH 37 Garchuck Charali, Guwahati 781035||1800-102-4919|
|26||Meghalaya||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Opp. arya samaj samaj, bhutia market, G.S Road, Shillong 793002||1800-102-4919|
|27||Nagaland||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., City Tower near Axis Bank Jakahalu buliding , dhimapur Nagaland 797112||1800-102-4919|
|28||Manipur||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., next to vastu decora main road NH 2 ground floor, mamta saree centre, Imphal 795002||1800-102-4919|
|29||Mizoram||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Y4 bawngkawn chhimveng, opp directorable of transport, ramlung road, Aizawl 796001||1800-102-4919|
|30||Tripura||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., champamura near tulakuna, chowmohani, by pass, old agartala Agartala 799008||1800-102-4919|
|31||Delhi||GREENIVA RECYCLER PVT.LTD., KHASRA NO-122/6/1,2ND FLOOR MAIN 100FT ROAD SANT NAGAR BURARI DELHI-110084||1800-102-4919|
|32||Delhi||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., B 19 Okhla industrial area, Phase 1, new delhi 110020||1800-102-4919|
|33||Dadar & Nagar Haveli||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Survey no 225/3/2 H. no. 88, Zhariamora Dadra, silvassa, Dadra & Nagar Haveli 396193||1800-102-4919|
|34||Daman & Due||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., Survey no 23/4, opp mohangaon phatak N.H no 8, Tal- Umber gaon Dist- Valsad 396195||1800-102-4919|
|35||Pondicherry||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., no 111/3, pondicherry 605010||1800-102-4919|
|36||Chandigarh||Greeniva Recycler Pvt. Ltd., 34/1 V.P.O Raipur Kalan, Chandigarh 160102||1800-102-4919|
|37||Goa||Greeniva Recycler Pvt.Ltd.|
C/o-Group TenPlus Abreovaddo, Siligao, Bardez,Goa-403521
- Do consumers have to pay for getting their electronics recycled?
- Consumers do not have to pay any fee for recycling of Mobi Ocean Technology Private Limited Product/used in India.
- Is there any monetary benefit/discount linked to this take-back and recycling program?
- As of now there is no monetary benefit/discount linked to this program, however one can check for latest discounts/offers for exchange at your nearest Mobi Ocean Technology Private Limited Branch. The main benefit of this program is cleaner, safer and greener environment.
- Which Mobi Ocean Technology Private Limited Product can be recycled through this initiative?
- Currently the initiative covers pick up of e-waste related to only Main Frame and Mini Computer, Computer Accessories
- Do consumers have to pay to get their Mobi Ocean Technology Private Limited Product disposed?
- Consumers do not have to pay for safe disposal of their appliances through Mobi Ocean Technology Private Limited Authorized recyclers.
- Can we dispose any old product through Mobi Ocean Technology Private Limited authorized recyclers/agents?
- No. You can dispose only Mobi Ocean Technology Private Limited Product through our recyclers/agents.
- Is it possible to dispose of the products from anywhere in India, and how much time will it take?
- Yes it is possible and it will take about 5- 10 days to get the products picked by our authorized recyclers from the time of the first call made to call center.
In case of any queries regarding the proper disposal and/or recycling of electronics, consumers can contact the helpdesk (Toll free): 1800-102-4919 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2019 @ MobiOcean. All rights reserved.